Bishops Island By Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good News

Go down

Good News Empty Good News

Post  Admin Wed 08 Jul 2009, 08:09

Ok so recently I have been thinking of ways to improve the forum. Currently information is contained in posts. I spent some time thinking about it (Usually on the bus to and from work) and realized there were advantages and disadvantages to the current way of displaying information for you all. I also realized there was more I could be doing for you all.

Too much information on the forum can make things confusing and people will be unsure where to find stuff. It seems a large part of our forum is taken up by these admin sections rather than play sections. I understand some OOC sections need to remain but some are not required, well with my new way of thinking.

What I have decided to do is put all the OOC information on a website, the forum is a play area (With a few ooc areas, such as to let us know you will be away for week etc, ooc discussions etc) The website will have a link to this forum. This forum is not being removed.

So what exactly will change I hear you all ask... The character creation, house rules, information, setting, character descriptions etc will all be handled on our website. A website will look "Cleaner" and make any information easier to find. It will also mean I can place more information on the website.

We will also be removing the WYSWG editor (This is where you make your posts, Currently its on "What you see is what you get") This has proved a problem for me copying and pasting thing as it appears small and I have to re-edit the post and its a pain to get it back to default. So it will go via the usual forum method where it puts the bbc code in.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2008-12-29

https://bishops-island.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Good News Empty Re: Good News

Post  Admin Sat 11 Jul 2009, 04:46

The first look of the Information Website is now online.

I will point out it is not finished yet. I have uploaded the current content so you can have a sneek preview. I think I should have finished what I have to do in a day or two. Some of the guides may take me slightly longer but its no real problem.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2008-12-29

https://bishops-island.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum